Enter below, and good luck.
It’s time for scary costumes, carving pumpkins, candy and trick or treating. As Halloween approaches, there are somethings parents and children need to remember. 10 Halloween Etiquette Tips & Tricks:
– Select Appropriate Costumes: Costumes that represent a culture, race, ethnic or religious group or someone with a serious illness, poverty or other hardship, are inappropriate. Sexually explicit costumes and those mocking LGBT or gender identity encourage negativity. During this election year, our public political figures are certainly on the table; expect to see Clinton and Trump.
– Teach Your Kids Manners: Halloween is a great opportunity to teach your kids manners, such as greeting and thanking each homeowner who gives them candy. Explain to older kids and teenagers that bullying and pushing smaller kids out of the way won’t be tolerated. When they encounter a bowl of candy at the door, make sure they are considerate and only take one or two pieces. Be sure they respect private property, including homeowner decorations, and don’t leave unwanted candy or wrappers in lawns.
– Age Appropriateness: While many adults enjoy Halloween dress up, remember this is mostly a children’s holiday. What your teenager might wear, is not a good fit for a first-grade Halloween party. Gage the costume based on your child’s age, and the age of his or her peers. Even if you think your young child might be able to handle dressing up as Freddy Krueger, it might be too much for his or her friends.
– Candy Alternatives: Traditional chocolate or sugar-laced candy are always a hit. With more health conscious parents, consider sealed mini bottled water, pre-packaged popcorn, coloring books, pre-packaged healthy snacks, small inexpensive toys, or pens/pencils.
– Respect Neighbors Who Aren’t Participating: By simply turning off the outside lights, this alerts trick or treaters to skip your house and go on to the next. As an option, consider leaving a bowl of candy by the front door. Putting the car in the garage may also remove the question of whether someone is home.
– Knock One Time and One Time Only: If no one answers, move on to the next house. There’s no need to be excessive and knock 10 times. The homeowner might be on an important call or trying to help a baby to sleep. On a related note: know when it’s appropriate to knock. Trick or treating generally starts just before sunset and ends by 9pm.
– No Homemade Treats: While it’s a nice thought to want to bake homemade Halloween treats, don’t do it. Parents have heightened safety concerns for good reason, and will discard these items. Buy pre-packaged candy from trusted brands like Hershey, M&M, Skittles, Dove, Reese’s.
– Never Arrive Empty Handed: Anyone invited to a Halloween party, does not arrive empty handed. Bring a small hostess gift such as tea towels, diffuser, candle, coasters, fresh fruit, wine, packaged sweets, or children’s game.
– Office & School Policies: Office culture varies, so be sure to research your workplace policy. Ask a trusted colleague about the ‘unwritten rules.’ Some offices encourage tasteful costumes, while others frown upon the practice. Education policies vary, so don’t assume children may wear their costumes to school. In many school districts across the nation, costumes are prohibited for safety reasons. Double check and don’t assume.
– Stay Safe: Younger children should always be accompanied by parents or a designated chaperone. Older children and teens should trick or treat as part of a group. Never enter someone’s home you don’t know, no matter how nice they seem. Carry a flashlight and mobile phone. Follow your intuition and if you have a bad feeling about something, avoid it.
(*These tips were shared, with permission, from Sharon Schweitzer, an international etiquette expert, author, and founder of Protocol & Etiquette Worldwide.)
This is the time of year when access to extra cash is most welcome. If you’re like me you like to decorate for Halloween, create delicious bites for Thanksgiving and treat those you hold dear to special gifts around the holidays. Wouldn’t it be fun to splurge this season? I bet $400 would help! Enter today for your chance to be one of 3 lucky winners of $400 in the $1200 Thanksgiving Cash Giveaway!
Do you have plans for Thanksgiving yet? My lovely sister is hosting our family dinner again this year and I can’t wait. Her house is so beautiful and cozy. It rests on a bank of the Columbia River, so there’s plenty of bird watching and gorgeous sunsets. And the food? Yes! I wear my stretchy-pants and work off the delicious food for weeks. It’s all good!
While meat seems to take center stage for a Thanksgiving meal, I’ve always gravitated toward the side-dishes, especially the vegetables. I found a recipe at Country Living I’d like to make this season: Spicy Lemon Cauliflower
Total Time: Prep: Level: Easy Serves: 8
The giveaway is open WorldWide and ends on 11/25 @11:59PM!
Enter on the Rafflecopter below for your chance to win:
Of course I use lotions and potions to help my skin look as good as possible, yet there’s more to reflecting beauty then what’s on the surface. I agree with Dr. Christopher Calapai, D.O., board certified in family and anti-aging medicine, that beauty really does come from within. There’s no denying the beauty of a those with kindness, love and understanding in their heart. And, we know, that eating well makes you feel better and keeps your physique in top shape as well. But don’t underestimate the power of certain foods when it comes to beauty and looking youthful. Read on for 10 Foods To Fight Aging .
1. Edamame: Collagen, the fibrous protein that keeps skin firm and wrinkle-free, begins to decline in your 20’s. Eating edamame, a food rich in soy, can help preserve collagen. Soy contains isoflavones – a natural compound that is capable of exerting estrogen-like effects.
2. Tart Cherry Juice: Who knew that this tangy drink naturally contains melatonin? Well, it does. And melatonin promotes sleep. Beauty sleep – enough said.
3. Oysters: These shellfish are filled with selenium and zinc, which both possess skin-clearing properties. Zinc is a trace mineral that is essential for its role in cell growth and cell replication. Selenium is a dietary mineral that increases your antioxidants levels. Antioxidants are critical for preventing blocked pores.
4. Honey: This sweet treat is a natural humectant, meaning it attracts water. When it comes to your skin, consuming honey helps draw water from the mineral tissues to the surface of the skin, keeping it moisturized, supple and flake-free.
5. Sweet Potato: Aside from being delicious, sweet potatoes contain beta-carotene, which is converted to Vitamin A. Vitamin A prevents hair from becoming dull and lifeless and your scalp dry and flakey – which can result in dandruff.
6. Cantaloupe: Very high in antioxidants, you’ll keep your eye health on point and since it is rich in vitamin C immune health is increased. That means fewer colds leaving you weak and sluggish. Finally this power fruit protects you from free radicals at the cellular level.
7. Brazil Nuts: All you need to eat are 4 of these a day to need the daily requirement. Packed with selenium, Brazil nuts protect skin against age spots and sun damage. Be sure to keep them in the fridge; once shelled they spoil.
8: Roasted Chickpeas: Packed with kaempferol and quercetion two inflammation fighters, chickpeas keep skin looking clear and even. Also as we age our metabolism slows down. Manganese and copper are two minerals that support metabolism at the cellular level.
9. Cucumbers: A cucumber a day keeps cellulite away. Not only are they delicious and packed skin plumping water but, when sliced and rubbed on cellulite prone areas they phytochemicals tighten collagen reducing the visibility of cellulite.
10. Guacamole: You can’t go wrong with avocados, which are great for your blood and bones. Oleic acid, the monounsaturated fat that is good for your heart makes up 59% of it’s total fat. It’s also great for skin and hair.
About the Doctor:
Dr. Christopher Calapai, D.O. is an Osteopathic Physician board certified in family medicine, anti-aging medicine and chelation therapy. Named the “The Stem Cell Guru” by the New York Daily News, Dr. Calapai is a leader in the field of stem cell therapy in the U.S.
With over 25 years experience, Dr. Calapai has hosted nationally syndicated radio shows, including his two weekly call-in shows on WABC 770-AM in New York, where he offers health and medical advice. He’s advised Mike Tyson, Mickey Rourke, Steven Seagal, and worked as a medical consultant for the New York Rangers hockey team as well as various modeling agencies.
He is the author of several E-books: Heavy Metals and Chronic Disease, Reverse Diabetes Forever! Seven Steps to Healthy Blood Sugar, Top Ten Supplements You Can’t Live Without, and Glorious Glutathione. Learn more about Dr. Calapai on his website, www.drcal.net.
This post contains affiliate links if clicked on I may receive a small commission to support this blog.
When I find a product I like, I want to share with my family and friends. (Hence the reason I started a review blog!) I’ve found a product that I really like – it’s effective and does what it states it will do. It works to get rid of wrinkles, smells great and is incredibly convenient. Winner! Hey, how would you like to check it out for yourself? Enter to win Downy Wrinkle Releaser Plus Giveaway!
The winner will receive the same package as Michigan Saving and More received HERE.
See the review HERE.
Get coupons for Downy Wrinkle Releaser Plus HERE.
Also available on Amazon HERE.
This giveaway is in no way endorsed, affiliated, or associated with Facebook, Twitter or any other Social Media Networking Site. You are not eligible if you have won a prize from the sponsor in the last 12 month. This Giveaway is valid in the Continental United States. Entrants must be 18+ years of age to enter. This giveaway event will end at 11:59 PM (EST) 11/06/16. The winners will have 48 hours to email their information back to las93063 at gmail dot com or a new winner will be drawn, you may want to put this email address as safe as it could go to spam. The sponsors are responsible for shipping of the above prizes. No blog associated with this contest are responsible for prize fulfillment. If you would like to be a sponsor in a giveaway like this please email Laura Smith at las930 (at)gmail (dot) com or contact the owner of the blog you are entering on! Please remember if you take an entry you must continue to follow that person/blog/company until the end of the giveaway.
How do you feel when you walk into Target? Does a smile come across your face? Do you feel like you’re in one of your happy places? Does a chorus sing “Hallelujah!” in your head? Well then, this giveaway is for you! With the holidays on it’s way I’m sure you could put this prize to good use. Enter today for your chance to win a Dropprice $150 Target Gift Card!
Dropprice is an innovative startup that rewards moms for being social. Essentially, they empower moms to drop prices of kids & baby products with a click. The price continues dropping as more moms click “Drop the price”. Every week new promotions are launched and moms drop prices by sharing them on social media. See the chart below to understand the power moms have and how important it is to share with other moms.
In today’s promotion for the PackIt Freezable Lunch Bag, it started out at $19.99 and for each mom that clicks, the price drops a bit. The price will continue to drop for each mom that participates.
You can choose to share on social media to get more moms to click “Drop the price”, or you can “Buy Now” at the current price. Keep in mind that when the price gets low, they usually sell out and you will no longer have the chance to buy that item. As an added bonus every item on Dropprice ships for free!
Do you want to give it a try? This is such a fun and exciting way for moms to save lots of money by collaborating with each other. If you would like to have a chance to win a $150 Target gift card, you can experience dropping the price by following the instructions below.
All you have to do is help moms drop the price of this Lunch Bag and you will be entered to win a $150 Target gift card. Just click “Drop the price” on the entry form below for a chance to win. For even more entries, share it on your social media networks via the entry form — every time one of your friends also clicks to drop the price, you’ll automatically receive additional giveaway entries!
This giveaway ends on 10/17/2016; you must be a US Resident and be 18 years or older to enter. Winners are randomly selected and contacted via email; the winners will be listed at the top of the entry form when the giveaway ends.
There’s a brand new My Little Pony Equestria Girls movie premiering on Netflix today (10/1), Legend of Everfree! Twilight Sparkle, Pinkie Pie, Applejack, and all your favorite Equestria Girls will be headed to Camp Everfree where they discover a mysterious magical force. To help one lucky fan celebrate, one reader will win 5 of the new dolls!
The Equestria Girls are sporting some new colorful outfits. The Boho Chic APPLEJACK, SUNSET SHIMMER, TWILIGHT SPARKLE, FLUTTERSHY, and RARITY dolls each wear boho-chic fashions, with stylish accents like loose tops and fringe details. Long, flowing hairstyles complete their effortlessly cool look.
The Geometric GLORIOSA, PINKIE PIE, RAINBOW DASH, LYRA HEARTSTRINGS, and SWEETIE DROPS dolls are right on trend with bright and colorful style and are decked out in geometric patterned outfits and feature their chic signature hairstyles.
Each doll in the collection comes with a horseshoe-shaped code that can unlock virtual rewards in the Hasbro My Little Pony Equestria Girls app like clothing, games or coins. Scan the code into the app with a compatible mobile device.
Available at most major toy retailers nationwide and on HasbroToyShop.com.