You score big when you help CenturyLink and The Blazers end hunger this holiday season! A great collaboration between Portland Trail Blazers own Evan Turner and CentryLink have created Hearts & Hoops. Donate nonperishable food items at CenturyLink Hearts & Hoops food drive locations (see below) benefiting the Oregon Food Bank. They’ll be setting up local donation events featuring games, Portland Trail Blazers swag, and more! And, as a wonderful bonus, they’re offering a sweepstakes to win court-side seats, an opportunity to watch the team during the pre-game shoot-around and Portland Trail Blazers apparel (Find the link to enter at the end of this post).
ABOUT THE OREGON FOOD BANK
The mission of the Oregon Food Bank is to eliminate hunger and its root causes, because no one should be hungry. Their goal is to be distributing 15 million pounds of produce each year by 2019. With our help, The Oregon Food Bank is building healthy, hunger-free communities!
Suggested donation items:
- Shelf-stable milk (ex. Powdered Milk)
- Foods high in protein: canned meats like tuna, chicken, or salmon, canned or dried beans
- Foods high in nutrients: canned fruits and vegetables (preferably with reduced sodium and reduced sugar)
- Whole-grain foods: brown rice, whole grain cereal and whole-wheat pasta
- Soups, chilies and stews (preferably with reduced sodium and reduced fat)
- 100 percent fruit juice (canned, plastic or boxed)
- Unsaturated cooking oils
- Other nutritious foods (preferably with reduced fat, sodium and sugar)
To help encourage participation, and reward those who are dedicated to making a difference in the community, CenturyLink will select one sweepstakes entrant at the end of each month as part of the CenturyLink Hearts & Hoops Sweepstakes (Nov. & Dec.). Each winner will receive a VIP Trail Blazers experience that includes two courtside tickets, opportunity to take the floor for pre-game shootaround and two Trail Blazers jerseys. Official rules and sweepstakes entry information are available at: trailblazers.com/heartsandhoops
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of CenturyLink. The opinions and text are all mine.